Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HIPPA


The think that my lights could use some help.
So HIPPA, the beast that won't quit consuming common sense continues to plague us. 

I see that the 4 month old baby that flirts with everyone that walks by has no parents here. 
"I can not admit or deny we have any baby's on this floor"  Really, I can see that child, there he is, why can't you tell me?  It would be a violation of HIPPA. Can  you let me know the provision.  I have to go take care of the baby.
I see Allie is checking in, because her chart has been delivered to the floor and sitting on the front desk? We can neither admit or deny we have a patient of that name.  In fact we don't have any patients at this hospital.  If we tell you we have patients we would have to kill you.
So since you don't have any patients, can I upgrade my room? You are a trouble causer.....

So HIPPA has reached the Psychic world.  Margaret went to consult the Tarot Lady on Whidbey Island. She wanted to ask about Mary-Elizabeth.  Tanya declined and explained that she could not do so because she did not have our permission to speak to our spiritual guides.

Really.........

Back to the hospital tomorrow for more blood work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same thing happens in elder care, except patients just disappear. . . to the hospital, to another facility, to God???? No one can say. Poof. Gone.

Nonna Madonna said...

Uh oh are you going all lawyerly on the hospital where your child is receiving care. Really? Not really, just musing to yourself. Right?