Blog Archive

Monday, March 07, 2005

You always get your come-up-ance

See, I was getting too secure in M-E's newly discovered health. I was thinking we had it licked. She was eating and wanting to go and do some things. She was doing homework and being a bit of a brat. She spent an evening with the Verhoffs and was wanting more time. She had been to school and wanted to venture out to the store and the like. We were even talking about Bloomsday in a positive way.

The port is healing and she is feeling like she has more ability to deal with life. Then........... the fever. The trip to the hospital. The accessing of the port the first time since the surgeon's did not. The frustration with the ER, the returning fear. The little voice saying......" No, it is not over. You thought it was getting better, don't ever assume....." It just happens. One extra breath and one less dousing of Purell and then back onto the vigilant treadmill.

Is there a support group titled "Waiting for the other shoe to drop"? Oh, well, it is time to go to work so I can go to the hospital so I can find out how things are and what her number are. That is our life. I will plan something fun tomorrow, or maybe next year.

Oh, do you think it is bad when your mom won't match your socks? She seems to think that since I am over 50, I should know how? What a concept.

No comments: