Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The "ONLY ONE MORES"

Only one more Interim Maintenance, Only one more Delayed Intensification, only one more dose of Cytoxon, only one more round of Ara-C, only one more....................... It is a count down, but it is a count down to the end of the icky stuff. She took her last dose of Thioguinine for this round. A lovely old poison that would have made Shakespeare proud. It comes in little doses that are given at night. Evidenlty our bodies rebuild at night. Cells are produced and replaced very rapidly. So, since we can not have any of that going on, we give her just a little dose of poison that stops all of that nonsense. We love Chemo Therapy. It is such a happy happy thing.

We have now been through it all at least once. One more set to go and then on to the Maintenance. I do not have the ability to think about that yet. I have to take this process one step at the time and stay viligent. I have to not let things slide or think we have it all down. I was very reluctant to take her to the hospital last week but know I have to go when she has a fever. An infection can put a kid in the ICU so fast yours head would spin. The doctor in the ER was very surprised to know that we had kept out of the ICU. There is a part of me that wants this to be done and not have to worry. I am so willing to hop on the "She is Fine" bandwagon. I love that she is better and want to test the limits a bit.

We are planning a trip to Venice in October. It will be low key. I am planning to go to every church on the island and light a candle. (The reason you light a candle is that it keeps the prayer going after you leave. )I love that thought. We need to leave lots of prayers at this point. I had better check on how many churches there are. It should be a good journey.

No comments: