Blog Archive

Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Many Layers of Life

We are all pretending that to day is just a great sunny week-end day. I have had too much coffee, M-E slept in and is still in her jammies. I have done a bit of gardening and some puttering. I will do some shopping and some cleaning as if tomorrow is a normal day.

I am also making mental notes.
Make sure your hospital bag is packed.
Make sure you buy hospital food.
Don't forget to pack your pills and ditty bag.
Do we need the computer? only dial-up???? for one night.
Don't forget to write Alison some pet instructions.
Pack two books.
Figure out movies for the long night.

All of this is going on while we are pretending it is not happening. There is so much dread. I just hate it. I will just ignore it right now. I am going to go to the basement and finish a quilt and do laundry. Now that sounds normal.

We will do it, I know we will.

No comments: