Blog Archive

Friday, June 03, 2005

Why I hate to Fold Laundry and do other mindless tasks

My sister pointed out that I am dead from my neck down. I could be impaled on a fence post and I would be oblivious to the event. This in some ways is good and in others it is bad. The good part is I can get up every day and keep going, the bad news it that I don't quite understand why I have a temperature of 101 for no apparent reason every evening now. It seems to last for 5- 6 hours. Oh, well it is gone today, it must not be something I need to worry about right now until tonight.

So back to the point. Cloth folding, dish washer emptying, back deck sweeping. These are mindless tasks, in other words, tasks that take no brain power to complete. While doing such tasks my mind wonders. Wondering brain waves are bad noogies right now. If I have a moment that my brain is not engaged things go something like this:

'WE are almost done but then are we really done? Will there be a time that we don't worry? Will I ever get to be a Grandmother, will she ever marry. Will he be a nice boy or will he have tattoo and be a slacker and someone that only wants to work at 7-11. How will they pay for her ongoing medical care? When did tattoos become so great, why did Cher get her's removed. And why did she do her nose and did it change her singing style. Do I care? When will the jury be back on Michael Jackson and why does Jerry T have a white Thriller jacket and not a red one? When should I get my hair done. I should not complain, I have hair. I need to take a shower and I need new shampoo and maybe I will cut my bangs but then Jerry will yell at time for doing so but then why does he have anything to say about it. I should call him and I should call some other people. I think Simon is having a graduation thing and I can not believe that he graduating but then that's what happens when kids grow up. I hope M-E gets to graduate. I wonder if she will and if she does I wonder if she will get to go to the college of her choice or if there will be money for that given all the medical bills we are racking up because the policies have changed and no one will talk to me about how to determine what I really owe and now that Bush has changed the bankruptcy laws and I have missed so much work , how will I be able to take care of it all and should be worrying at all given it is all speculation and I know I am supposed to keep a positive attitude but then that makes you so much more surprised when things don't work out but then I feel like if they don't work out as we hope then I will be the one that failed because I did not keep a positive attitude.

SEE I should not fold cloth.



No comments: