Blog Archive

Monday, December 12, 2005

One More Week of School

We have lots to do before this week is over. We started the week with a trip to the hospital. M-E had an appointment today with the Clinic. She is examined and has IV chemo once a month.

Her labs took a very long time. ( ANC 2100)

Things were a bit off today. Lots of people were waiting. There are times that just happens. If the Hem/Onc labs take 2.5 hours there are lots of sick kids in the hospital, new admits.
It is sort of like pizza or the cab. If you call and have to get a recording it is going to be awhile. The kids are good the parents keep busy. The clinic could use some better magazines.

We always run into someone we know. That is a good thing most of the time. It is when you don't run into someone for awhile and then ask and get the "look". It makes you not ask after a couple of times. It is better to just assume that they are doing so fantasic that there are not more reasons for any visits.

I have been a bit tense and I think I dread each of these blood draws. It feels like we are playing roulette. Will the bullet fire this time. We are 4.5 months into maintenance and things are smoothing out. I have convinced myself that if I can get her past the 6th month mark we can breath a sigh of relief.

I will be so happy when I don't have to hold my breath any longer. I am turning very very blue.

No comments: