Blog Archive

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Now The School Thing is Getting Really Really Interesting

Okay now who do you believe. We sat down with the directory to see who was going where. It is obvious that Prep has a million spots and is the favorite. Most say they were accepted there. I think there are lots of wait listed hopefuls.

Now I did some checking and if you are wait listed that is a good thing. They think you are a good fit but they do not have space. I was figuring waitlisting was equivalent to
"Maybe you can have a pony"
I learned that they only wait list those they are interested in having at school.

We have learned that the kids are less than the best reporters. I asked the kids for a report and from what they knew most of the class was headed to Prep. Now prep takes about 100 or so and 30 or more of them were from St. Joseph's. I was surpized to see some the future "Prepsters" at the Holy Names ice cream social. I asked one mom and she pointed out that it did not matter where her daughter thought she was going, tuition was only being paid to Holy Names.

So the slots are now getting released and the kids will be coming off the wait lists. I am not sure when they send out the next set of letters but it should be in a couple of weeks. Lots of people are waiting for the Lakeside, Bush U-Prep decisions. I guess this part of it still goes one.

M-E is still undecided. She has to think about it and worry about it and wonder a bit more.

No comments: