Blog Archive

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Ms. Marion Needs Help


http://www.active.com/donate/tntwaak/tntwaakkMarion1

Mary Elizabeth -"Don't forget to relax and enjoy yourself and those around you."

Kathy Marion's Team in Training

Welcome to my Team In Training home page.
I am once again taking on a triathlon challenge. This time I have increased the endurance level as I will be participating in a half- Ironman this coming June. However, the operative word here is HALF.
I am calling this event my swan song for triathlons. No matter how hard I try and the positive self-talk I give myself, I am still unable to find the zen experience with swimming. This year, like last year, I am dedicating all my training in memory of Joseph Boyle and for the inspiration and courage of Mary Elizabeth, a current 8th grade student of mine.
The team’s honor patient is the daughter of my mentor who was diagnosed two years ago at three.
As we gather for morning or evening practices all decked out in layers to keep us warm, I begin to ask myself, “Isn’t there an easier way for me to help this cause?” I don’t like cold, let alone cold and foggy and worst of all, the Seattle winter archetype of cold foggy rain. Yes, there is an easier way, I could write my own personal check for the cause which would be a drop in the bucket to assist with the research to find a cure for a disease that impacts so many people. Thus, if I say yes to the insane practice schedule and seek out sponsors, I can put even more into the bucket.
This year I have one lofty goal. Even though I am required to raise at least $3,000, I would like to raise $10,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Why such a huge amount you might ask. Simply, it is my way of saying “Thanks” to the gift of Mary Elizabeth’s courage and smile these past two years. I want this swan song event to be my ultimate gift to the society in Mary Elizabeth’s name as she graduates with honors this coming June.
Any amount LARGE or small will be greatly appreciated as well as your moral and prayerful support. I know with all avenues of support, this lofty goal can be reached.
Thanks a million! Kathy Marion
TOTAL DONATIONS COLLECTED: $1,025
GOAL: $10,000

Titanium $1,000
Platinum $500
Gold $250
Silver $100
Bronze $50
Elite $25
Other:


©Copyright 2005. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.All rights reserved.

No comments: