Blog Archive

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Broadway Dinners

We went to dinner last night on the spur of the moment on Broadway. We drove around and tried to find a parking space and ended up under the Broadway garage. It has been forever and day that I had taken M-E to her birth place.

It was an interesting trip. We ended up eating at the Broadway Grill. We may only live 4.5 miles from Broadway but it is certainly a different world. One that I loved before I moved to Ballard and bought a station wagon. (Automatic of course.)

We entered and were seated in the back under the OH MY GOD COULD WE GET A BIGGER CHANDLER and the palm like trees ( alive). The room is dark and cozy and so much better now that the smokers are out in the streets. We ordered. Sweet Potato Frie just because, salads, M-E choose crab stuffed shrimp and I had the lobster macaroni and cheese.
I also had the rare glass of wine. I found my wait person ill informed as to the proper pairing for Sweet Potato Fries but then...........

In the same room were a number of people. The newly out lesbian and her shocked Midwest parents. She was trying to explain all the wonders of Capital Hill, the parade, the fanatic devotion to Halloween, the plethora of tattoo Parlors and the shopping, where else could you buy dog collar accessories and organic miso and High fructose Corn Sweening free bread int in the same building! They were smiling and saying things like "I see." "Oh how interesting", "Oh how nice" 24 places to be pierced, I never knew". For those of you that have not lived in the Midwest the proper translation would be:

Oh my God, get me out of here...
I can never face my bowling group again.....
I should have let her date when she was in high school, what would have been wrong if she married a tractor salesman.....
When will this end, oou.... Those boys are holding hands and kissing..... I am going to die, and then my friends will know.
I know I have to accepting like Ellen's Mom, I know I have to accepting like Ellen's Mom,,, ooh, we are not in Kansas anymore. Could someone bring another of those pink drinks..........

Then there was the girl with her best "friend". They clearly loved each other and had a great relationship. She was enamored but when he took out the chapstick and smacked his lips I hoped she noticed. Their relationship will never go beyond the "Will and Grace" kind.

The entry is wonderful, where else can you go and find great suggestions for costumes. I will return before Halloween. I am always confused as to what I should be for that most difficult of events.

Oh, the 65 mile an hour winds helped bring down the outdoor Christmas lights. See, I don't have to worry.

No comments: