Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Message from a hurting Mother. ( Not Me)

I mentioned the other day that I had been reading some other blogs. As we have been away from the hospital more and more I have had less contact with the usual gang of people that we have meet. I have looking to see if any of my cohorts have similar blogs. I get caught in reading them sometimes and they often do not have happy endings.

I found one that was about a very little girl name Rose. She was diagnosed with AML ( Not what M-E has) and did not make it more than 45 days post transplant. I have not read it all but she had died on the day I found the blog. February 13 of this year. She had been diagnosed on Friday the 13th of May. ( See why I might relate).

As we all know, I am terrified of a relapse. Let me tell you when you relapse post transplant it is not a good thing. I will go and read it some day. I am afraid to read it all right now. Reading it, I realized how hopeless it feels to read about events in people's lives and not be able to change anything. I do find bits of wisdom in the writing.

They had a service for Rose and at the service the Mom was able to read the following from an Ancient Korean Chant

Everything lost is found again
In a new form, in a new way.
Everything hurt is healed again
In a new life, In a new day.


I thought the words were so simple. I think it says it all.

No comments: