Blog Archive

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Well the Results are In but the Decision is not Made

Mary-Elizabeth was accepted to Holy Names and Blanchett. We received the BIG envelopes yesterday. We had gone to look at new flooring and Mom wanted to be dropped off and we saw the mail truck. We watched as the mail man made his route. I could see the big envelopes tucked in his arm and I knew where they were headed.

Having gone through this process in my own life. I knew the big envelopes = Welcome. Little ones mean, sorry or maybe.

Big relief for about 2 minutes. Quick call to Sister Mary-Annette. Realized everyone but this family is on vacation. No one is home!!!!!!!!!!

When she first received the letters she said: I have always seen myself as someone that goes to Holy Names. I am certain that is where she will go in the end but at this age friends are a big part of this equation. She and Whitney are very close. We don't know where she has been accepted because they are on vacation and no one will let me go and take their mail out of the slot. I have a key to the house, know the code and could find the key. I just guess we will be waiting.





No comments: