Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Interesting House Guest

David brought a co-pilot with him this trip. He has done that before. Ken is staying with us. He is a recently retired Marine. He is was a pilot and flew C somethings in three "engagements" Both wars in Iraq and Somalia. Very reserved. Still has the hair cut he sported for 20 years. Very quiet. Hard to get anything out of him. It did not take him long to figure out Bush was not my favorite person. He was surprised that I was mad at him for how he sent the troops over with no real thought with how to get them back. He was surprised that I was upset because the troops did not have the support they needed either there or here when they returned.

I told him I was glad this country was not condemning those that went to war like they did during Viet Nam. I don't think I have been forgiven for being a Democrate but then maybe those are just titles anyway.

Oh, M-E is better today. I have to go get her up. Stuff that we fight off, she takes and really makes it her own. I guess it is hard to fight any illness if the meds you are taking are killing off all your fighting cells.

End of January. I cannot believe it.

No comments: