Blog Archive

Monday, February 19, 2007

Beach Time











Mom is a Mountain Person. I am a beach person. I can sit for hours and listen to the pounding and the birds and the wind. It is a place that I belong. I don't need to be in it. Just by it. I am not an Atlantic Ocean person or a sunny beach person. I am a stormy beach person. I love the time there.








We met Mom and Dad at Moclips on the Washington Coast. The North Beach area as the locals call it. It is literally 9 miles from the end of the road. Desolate, quiet, harsh windy, sandy. All those good things. It is not Canon Beach but it is beautiful. No tide pools but then endless stretch of beach is a great thing for walking or just sitting. It was cold and very windy. High and Minus Tides. Crazy people digging razor clams in the dark. Small bar/restaurants that scared my daughter and time to learn how to play cribbage with Grandpa. Time to read, off leash time and good meals. It felt very normal. We will be going more often. No need to return to that location but finding a place down the road.

No comments: