Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Old E-mail I found and thought I should store somewhere. Sent September 2, 2004

Subject: Good and Bad News about Mary-Elizabeth
Good afternoon:

This is the first day I have been able to take a moment to compose an e-mail and send it out. We have a lot to be thankful for but some worries are ahead.

Good News:
A. She has the best kind of Lukemia. ( I refuse to learn to spell it.) She has ALL and we are into week three of a 2.5 year period of treatment.

B. I will have a working home office by week's end for the times I need to be home.
C. She has been able to be in school all week.
D. She is a girl and not a boy. Boys are treated for 3 years.
E. She never had any Luequemia symptoms before we found the problem.
F She did not have to have brain surgery in order to make the diagnosis.
G. 75-80% of the kid make it and she has always been better than a C student.
H W e live close to Children's Hospital and don't have to live in the Ronald McDonald House.
I . We have friends that will bring us something to eat. Just be forewarned when you enter the Children's Hospital cafeteria you enter 1952 only with instant potatoes.

Bad News: We can not be more than 60 minutes from Children's Hospital for the the next 9 months.
She does not want my input on her Make-a-Wish. I really thought that having John Travolta fly here with Tom Cruise as co-pilot to pick us up to fly to Dell to pick out a lap top and meet Lance Armstrong and then on to Disney World where Brad Pitt would meet us and we could go on all the rides without waiting in line was a good idea. Oh, yeah that would be the plan for me and my sister.

No comments: