Blog Archive

Friday, February 23, 2007

Reality Check`


We are headed into month three of 'Post Treatment" time. We are regaining some things that we lost in those dark years of leukemia. I ignored lots of things like people and our yard and the house and my health. We have lost touch with so many people and so many parts of our old lives. We seems to be making some attempts at re-connecting. Some more successful than others. I am running into a pretty common phenomenon in that people have been afraid to contact us. Our silence has made them wonder if things are okay. If M-E is alright. If there has been a turn for the worse and she had died and no one bothered to tell them. I hate that my silence may have created those thoughts.


Suffice it to say, we are here, alive and well. We are doing what we can to enjoy and honor each day. We are very aware that life has not been easy but it is also not impossible to deal with. We have had the best of all outcomes.


At some point in M-E's treatment, I began looking for other blogs done by parents with similar issues. I found the one about a little girl named Hannah. She was diagnosed with ALL and died within weeks of that diagnosis. Her mom has kept writing as the year as passed since that death. It is a very different life they live. I will not expound more but she has important things to say. I wish there was more that we could do for everyone but I think Tracy is right. Some times we have to be returned to heaven and have a "D0 Over."


No comments: