Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

So, Treasures are Falling From the Sky

Cancer has given me a bit of time to do a few things.  Most are not on the top of many people's to do list but then my list is always different then other peoples.  I am a firm believer in strike while the iron is hot.  Especially now when we have so little control over anything. 

So when my dear friend Liz Selleck offered to get rid of "stuff" from our house and put it on eBay and Craigslist, I was able to recognize the possibility of a win win. Liz would be able to further develop her entrepreneurial skills, I would have less stuff and much more needed money.

So she has been helping take some things and sold some things and is making everyone happy.  Today she came to my house and was very encouraging in the sorting project.  We found several boxes that I could let go and it was sort of like Christmas.  I found things I had not seen since I packed them several years ago into clear plastic boxes. 

So we filled her "Clown Car" (a Honda Fit) a car that fits lots and lots of clowns and she drove off. During the treasure hunt, I found this:


You are looking a broken bolt from the Golden Gate Bridge.   We found it and I had to think about what it was for awhile.  My dad gave this to me for some reason.  Any family members that remember anything about this are free to step up and explain why our dad would have this.

MEB is resting, we all are resting, we go back tomorrow for a day of clinics and IT Chemo and who knows what else they might come up for us to do.  Will try to make it a useful day.   Maybe I will finish War and Peace.

1 comment:

Lafcadio said...

I cannot tell you why your father gave it to you, but I think it's pretty cool. You know the color of the GG Bridge don't you: International Orange