Blog Archive

Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Slugs have to Go

Sad but true. Slug and Snail death will be coming soon to a garden near you. Or more accurately , me. I went outside today and the snails had eaten the winter pansies. Now they had not eaten the leaves, only the blooms. I started to look around and let me tell you. We could feed the entire city of Paris and still have some to share with Spain.

It felt so good to go out into the garden and do some yard work. I even went for a walk around the block. It was a good adventure and I only "pruned" one small clump of Lilacs that really really asked that I take them home for M-E. The world is coming back to life with a vengeance. I think is what gives the human spirit hope. The trees and grass and plants never give up. Why should we?

M-E is in bed for the third straight day. She has not been able to get out of bed at all. She is reading and did not even want to go and sit in the sun. It was very hard to watch her in this state. I am hoping she will rally for dinner. Mom is making Sour Dough Pancakes. We have been told that no matter what, we are to tell Father his are better. She had her second dose of methotrexate and they gave her more than the first dose because she her liver was not too mad. Now she is mad at her liver. Do you think that counts?

We are settling into nice weather. Fluffy clouds, leaves out on the Katsuras, lots of bird noise in the A.M. It is a time when that first cup of coffee can be had on the back deck or even better in the early sun on the 7th grade project which is cement bench with tiles. ( I may even get a picture of it soon and get it on the blog.) The bench is warm by the time the coffee is brewed and a few quiet moments are refreshing and much needed.

Things are okay. M-E simply cried last night because she feels so bad right now. She was just not ready to do this process again. It is especially hard because she is getting more treatment because of Frederica and her age and her failure to go into remission before day 7. She knew it was coming but right now it feels worse than it is. I was talking to Mom this morning and we realized that she has almost made it 8 months. 3.5 more to go before maintenance. We can do it. I think one thing that makes it hard is that she never felt the affects of the Likemia. She only felt sick from the cure. We can do it. I know we can. On to bigger and better places in our lives and Fred Meyer to get snail and slug bait.

No comments: