Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ornament Hangers and other Christmas Issues

Where have all the ornament hangers gone? They must be hiding with all the good Christmas Cards. I am not impressed. maybe as we get older we are more interested in quality rather than quantity. I value my ornaments and they need more than 54 gage wire ( I think that is thin) in a little pack for 59 cents. Hey I would be much more inclined to spend a few bucks for hangers that won't release their charge and smash years of memories on the floor.

Oh, I have become my father...... Now there is a realization.

I am done with work sort of for the rest of the year. I am going to try and turn it off in my head. I really need some time to do some mundane things like put up more tasteless Christmas lights and get out the last of the Christmas cards.

I have a list:

1. Organize all my pins. They are in a number of boxes and should be out somehow to be seen and have a chance to be put on a Jacket.

2. Clean out and start the pond. It would be great to listen to with my new windows.

3. Wash the covered area stuff. I have a new washer, it should be useful.

4. Clean out the cool blue bowl, sort through the rocks for the good fossils and put them in a good box. They are old and need some care.

5. Get tickets for the theater for the Tap Root.

6. Relax, relax, relax.

7. Find the lost gift cards that I put somewhere.

8. Sort through a box a day and get rid of stuff.
9. Put all the pictures in one big box or several.
10. Relax, find some decent ornament hangers and Christmas cards for next year and figure out what the denomination was for 1975 Christmas stamps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonder how many other female Lanham children feel like they are becoming their fathers? Most women talk about becoming their mothers of course but not me. Is it because our fathers are such strong personalities? Is it too late for therapy? (Hope your Christmas is perfectly wonderful and you don't fret yourself with too many resolutions.)