Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 28.... engrafted... on to steps two and three.

Bone Marrow today to confirm that Ellie Mae is alive and well and settled and working and doing her job.

28 days have passed.  Mary-Elizabeth Ellie Mae Sierra Lanham is on her way back to her life.   It is not an easy road but one she will travel with the same sort of spirit she has shown during the last few months and years.  She has become pretty weak and so today we are going to go off the floor, just because we can and hope that by week's end we are can travel as far as Starbucks.  It will be a good outing for her.  Small steps, small walks, small improvements. 

I am just dumbfounded by it all and sort of in a state of shock.  I have had a couple of nights out of the hospital and it seems so so weird to be away from here.  There is this certain type of hyper-awareness that is required to manage all that happens in a day.  No day is the same.  Every day presents a new challenge, every day there is a surprise and quite frankly, it is noisy here.  Things buzz and beep and hum and chirp and did I mention beep. It become part of the rhythm of your being.  It is so quiet at home!  who knew how quiet our lives could be. 

I am at the house so seldom, it does not seem like my place.  I am sure I will settle in but for right now, we live here.  4 miles from home but it is a world away.

Lent starts tomorrow.  Mary-E  is giving up blue cheese, feta cheese, Mexican cheese, soft cheese, raw eggs, raw meat and sushi.

I am giving up not walking 30 minutes a day.
We have lost a few things.  St. Anthony needs to visit.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I knew it would be ironic if your challenge and mine has some sort of a victory on the same day. Yours being engrafment and mine being a resolution. We settled after 2 1/2 days at trial and our road has an end date. May 21 st and I will be going home on or after March 8th. Thank you for your help. Your blog has made me realize all along that my issue no matter how big it felt to me, was just an annoying bump in the road, compared to the mountain that you and especially MEB had to conquer. I continue to pray for her recovery!