Blog Archive

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Convoluted Paths

1. Decision was made that it is high time for me to buy a real back yard fountain. ( I have tried to take other non-fountain stuff for years and have failed in so many ways.)

2. Go to the place that used to Lucca.

3. Find lots and lots of really great fountains.

4. Determine most would require that I annex my neighbors yards.

5. Decide we need to eat.  Decide the best place for a salad is Cheese Cake  Factory.  Easy decision.  Go to Bellvue to continue the quest or pay $20.00 to park down town.  No we can't take public transportation Mayor.

6. Cross to Bellevue on my new private seldom used 520 bridge because somehow I have a Good to Go Pass with 60.00 on it.  Don't ask.


7.  Have great lunch.  Realize one must have an SUV in order to have leftovers transported.

8.  Find a place that should have fountains.  Travel east to Redmond.  (I know, I know.)Discover in Redmond fountains are really waterfalls and trout streams. 

9.  Wander through water world and find tank after tank of Koi.

10.  Bond with Gracie.  8 years old and 30+ pounds.

11. Realize it would be cheaper to move to a place with a stream.

12.  Decide we should visit Cousin Jack's UPS store. 

13. Wonder around for a while with purpose.  When we find the old growth forest we might be lost.

14.  Arrive at great shopping center.  It has two, count them two Starbucks. Spend time with Cousin Jack.  He won't hire me.  I think it is because I am not a Republican but I love him anyway and the store is great and I might even go again.  

15.  Return home. Cousin Jack told us how to get home.  He failed to mention at some point we would need to decide between Avondale road and place.  We took the road that appeared to most traveled.  Remebered why we don't like to go to the Dark Side ( Over the bridge and through the woods.)

Still no Fountain.  (Still don't know how to remove extra pictures.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you wrote about bringing tea and cookies to the family losing their child - you did exactly the right thing. The day mom passed, she was in our living room with our whole family and life flowing around her. Friends streamed in with pastries, sat and drank tea and the tears flowed with the laughter and Vinnie's soup and a room filled with love and caring. I never appreciated people showing up and holding me together when I could stretch absolutely no further, than I did that week.
Love and hugs,
Roslyn