Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sunny Wednesdays

Day three or four of sun.  It reminds us that the seasons are changing even though they are doing so slowly.  Another way to monitor our progress.  Each day is a bit better.  Each day I feel like we are coming out of the fog and beginning to re-engage with the world.

It happens a bit at a time.  No big gestures.  No big changes, when I try to do that something inevitably happens to remind me that both of us are in the process of healing and re-adjusting.

We have been out a bit over 6 or so weeks.  Maybe it takes a day for every day we are in-patient. Maybe it is two.  It hard to determine progress for me.  It is hard to know.  There is no blood test or scan that can be done.  It seems that my world comes back together in other ways.  Remembering to dry the laundry, being able to answer some e-mails, paying attention to an empty bird feeder, putting a chicken in the oven. Thank God lots of wonderful people filled my freezer with great food.  It has been a godsend.

Today has a list of planned activities:  Fountain hunting and lunch, dinner with friends and then gardening.  Always gardening this time of year.  Today is mostly dedicated to weeding.  Lots of weeding. I will try and think about it like bad cells in bone marrow. Maybe it will give incentive to be very dutiful and complete.

No comments: