Blog Archive

Saturday, May 26, 2012

There are things I just cann't bring myself to do....

I cannot bring myself to spend $700+ on a perfect fountain when there is a pump and a bowl and water bubbling in the back.

I cannot vote Republican.

I cannot plan more than a week ahead.

I cannot do laundry.

I cannot seem to get all the plants in the ground.

I cannot seem to be able to convince the dogs we should sleep past 6:30 a.m., especially on Saturday and Sunday.  

I cannot seem to get over the fear that all the "other shoes" have not dropped.

I cannot seem to bring myself to go on the floor at Seattle Children's to see who is there.  

There are so many things I cannot do.


So I will instead, focus on what I can do:

I can plant several kinds of sunflowers.

I can arrange the new bushes for the bed under the Palm Tree.

I can enjoy my nice clean house.

I can enjoy the people that come over for dinner this evening.

I can wait until sunset for the new glowie things in my garden to turn on. 

I can enjoy today take a few minutes for deep breathing, read the New York Times, have coffee with friends and be amazed at how lucky we are at this moment in time.  The rest will just have to wait. 

Now which list does cleaning out the produce draw belong?

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I forgot to look for the new glowy things.

Alternative cancer treatments said...

I am praying that God will continuously guide you in your journey to life. My cancer treatment center family would like to wish you well soon. Have a great day!