Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Certainty and Uncertainty

Frick and Frack
Ying and Yang
Black and White
Peace and War
Love and Hate
Democrat and Republican
Christian and Atheist
Health and Illness
Light and Dark
Clean and Dirty
Dark and Light
Dry and Wet
Sweet and Sour
Life and Death
Happiness and Despair
Pass and Fail
Hot and Cold
Pregnant and Not
Reap and Sow


We live with them all, they co-exist in our world.  The part that makes me so freaked out is how fast one can overcome the other.  In one moment, a flash, it can forever change.  What ever "it" might be.

WE have all had those moments.  We practice as small children to learn how to handle the switching.  

Sometime we are just caught in so many changes at one time that it is hard to keep up.  To catch our breath to adjust and be able to move forward to brace for the next event.

It is sometimes so easy to get caught up in all the drama surrounding the switch that we fight it.  We fight the changes instead of embracing them and seeing what the landscape will be when the trees are trimmed and the plants are dug up and re-planted somewhere else.

I know what it is like to fight.  To try and regain the equilibrium once a shift in reality has happened. 

As I sit here, 1/3 the way through the Transplant, I can feel that things are reaching a sort of equilibrium.  There is a huge jar of "Uncertainly" on my counter but I am beginning to embrace it and move the rest of the jars around it.   I can choose to ignore it and eat dinner by it.  I can resolve every day to address it head on but then often times are spirited away to work on less scary projects such as Health and Heat and Light. 

This is what I know:  Uncertainty is the only Certainty.

No comments: