Blog Archive

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I am finally going to start using my Datebook.

I have in my possession a lovely Purgatory Press almost one of a kind datebook.  I tracked it down after hearing a great story on NPR really early before all this transplant stuff started.  It arrived within days of the New Year and I have loyally carried around with me.  It has been in a variety of bags and purses and paper Starbuck's bags.  I has been with me during this time. 

I have made a few entries and put a few things in it. I counted out the 100 days.  I have not really used it.  We have been tied to the "SCCA Patient Itinerary"  and the book deserves to have fineink from fine fountain pens scribble on the pages. I am still a pencil stort of gal.  I have not been ready to begin to plan  very far ahead. Like Maggie Smith said in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,  "I don't plan that far ahead, I don't even buy green bananas."


I am going to experiment with buying green bananas.  I even allowed myself to put a concert in my date book.   On June 16, 2012, I am going to go to see John Folgerty.   There, See I can buy green bananas and wait three weeks for a concert. 

We measure progress a bit at a time, a day at a time.  A blood draw at a time, a taper at a time, a morning at a time, a blood sugar at a time. 

No comments: