Blog Archive

Friday, July 23, 2004

Choices, are they really a good thing?

At dinner with Thomas Kim ( only doctor I know that just happens to be a good friend of mine and a neuro radiologist) mentioned that Dr. Ojammen has been discussing M-E's case with his oncology buds at Children's Hospital.  (Yes, I am thrilled that her case is seeping into more departments.)   There seems to be the thought that maybe...... just maybe..... they should do a biopsy and see what Frederica is before they try to move her from her happy home. 

If she has one thing,  eosinophilic granuloma, it can be treated with radiation and then it it does not get smaller it can be removed but then maybe it won't be invading the sagittal sinus( vein on top of head) or maybe it will go away.  If it is something else like any icky bone cancer thing then we do surgery and remove and then get to do Chemo and radiation.

Okay, which is the good answer?

So here is the prayer for the week-end:

Thank God for great blessings and graces.  I don't know what I would do if I did not have a place to light candles and leave my prayers and worries. Thank God for good, loving and supportive friend, family, colleagues, understanding clients and judges and espresso guys that I am mean to when I am stressed.  Thank God for great parents that have taught us how to get through hard times.  Thank God for a number of hard situations over the years that have taught me that life goes on and things happen for a reason and there is light somewhere, once you find the tunnel.  Thank God for siblings that remind me to have a sense of humour.  Thank God most of all for the chance to be a parent and to understand how deeply love can be for another person. 

No comments: