Blog Archive

Monday, July 26, 2004

Cracks are Appearing

MOM I CAN'T FIND MY FAVORITE SKIRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Meltdown.  One of many.  Maybe it was just too much activity.  Maybe it was the need of lunch.  Maybe it was the culmination of all the "stuff" that has gone on this summer.  She just hit a breaking point.  I came back with some pretty stiff penalties for continuing bad behavior like no television.   At some point she just melted into a mass of tears and wailing.  I held her tight.  Tried to reassure her that there had been lots of good about this summer and that there was more to come.  She was finally able to sleep for 13 hours.
 
So, the answer to "How is Mary-Elizabeth taking all of this?" would be " 
Well we have had better weeks with some good ones to come. "
 
I have changed my game plan.  It helps me to talk about all of it.  It doesn't help her.  As long as she knows what is going to happen down the roads she does not need to hear all the details.  So Today I just don't intend to answer the phone  or discuss any of this in her presence.  She needs to be able to let it slip to the  nether reaches of her mind. 
 
The next couple of days need to be about letting her have a great time in Houston and Cozumel. it should be fun.
  
 



No comments: