Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Pies are made so the world must be Okay

Mary-Elizabeth had a chemo treatment on Monday. It seemed to go fine. Her counts were good. I thought this was going to be a normal week.

1. She is holding on to her red blood cells (28.5) That is good, the chemo is not killing too many or she is making some of her own.
2. Her platelet count was 101 that was up from 62 on Saturday. She is making her own.
3. ANC 482- was up a little so she is making some immune cells.

I did let her sleep until she woke up and she went to school. Of course, I received the call at 10:30. We chatted and there was no apparent Mom substitute allowed. I finished up a thing or two and back in the car, up to school and home.

I hooked her up to some fluids and put her to bed. Colleen B. had offered to take care of her and as she puts it, she has prior "PICC line Flushing experience" . It seems with Mary-Elizabeth that sometimes she is just two years old and wants her Mommy. Yesterday was one of those days.

She asks for so little and all I can give her is time. Nothing I do can make this awful experience go away. We both will carry the scars forever. She will have the mark of the PICC line and a body that was attached with every possible substance her body can tolorate. I will never recover from that first voice on the phone: "Dr. Garcia Oncology" I will give her the time and attention that she needs.

I did some work and then made pies. I love them to have a day to sit and become Sally's greatest pumpkin pies. I can be a good lawyer between oven ajustments.

We are going to Whitney's Grandparent's House. So the "Over the River and Though the Woods" does apply this year. They live in Federal Way but that is like an adventure. We are eating early so the road should not be too bad and I don't think we will violate the ONE HOUR FROM THE HOSPITAL rule. We seem to be in a quiet treatment time right now.

We have only one more appointment scheduled at the hospital until Pearl Harbor Day. I am not worried about that day because I think we have all ready survived the big attack. M-E was complaining about not wanting to be sick She does not want to eat chicken soup for 2.5 years. I told her she was not sick. She was in remission and that now we were making her body a place that no self respecting llwuecqemia(little known Welch spelling) cell would ever call home. She liked that better.

Christmas decoration update:

Georg Jensen ornaments are up on the arch. We now seem to have 2 from 2001 and 2000 is still missing.
Village is out but there seems to be continued black out. Road crew has yet to appear ( You never can rely on a contractor)
no snow yet.

Goal for this upcoming week-end: Obtain a tree. Get it up and get the lights on it at least.

Newest Prayer: Oh, God, where are my lights?



No comments: