Blog Archive

Sunday, November 21, 2004

We are Close to ending Consolidation

Did you know that Christmas music is playing on the radio? I am up trying to update the blog and try to figure out how to handle the next few weeks. I am hoping life will enter a period of non events. I don't need "Christmas Pressure" Last year we were headed to Mexico about this time. We surprised Lupe and had a great time on the beach. This year we will be here and we are going to get it all out. All of what my mother affectionately refers to as my "Christmas Crap". As much as we all love Mother, she is the least sentimental person I know about Christmas except my friend Charles that makes Scrooge look like a Santa.

Well we are going to do it right. If I can find the lights that is. My boxes were in pretty good order and they have been re-arranged in such a way that I think we might have an "Oh, God where are the Baby Jesus's and why are they separated from their family" kind of Christmas.

I just don't know what to do but put up decorations. I can handle that part of the world. I am going to find the lights and the call will go out to see if we can get them put up. M-E loves outdoor lights and indoor lights more than anything. I know that lights are things we can enjoy. We will do a tree. Where it is going to go is a mystery because we have moved a table to the spot I work in the house which is were the tree goes but we will figure out something. I suggested we put the tree in front of the fireplace and duly chastised. Where w0uld we have a fire? Oh well. One step at a time.

Mary-Elizabeth is starting to feel better. One more dose of Vincristine and then we have a week off. We went to the hospital yesterday for a rare Saturday visit to see if she needed more platelet's. We had breakfast first. We had been up early and because Mom's train left at 7:30 am from Seattle. We were up at 5:30 am so we could make lots of coffee for the train. We went to the station and called poor Ruth at 7:05 a.m. and said in our very awake voices LET'S MEET AT THE HI SPOT FOR BREAKFAST" She hauled Whitney out of bed and we met in Madrona and found out that people in that part of town don't eat breakfast on Saturday until 8:00. Ruth went off for coffee and Whitney slept in the car. Mary-Elizabeth rejected my suggestion that she was leave the warm car and press her belly against the brick work so she could give herself a shot. Kids are so difficult these days.

We had a great breakfast. Good Company, Good coffee, good granola and green eggs and ham,Good Juice, huge plate of Mexican Potatoes. Mary-Elizabeth and Whitney and I headed to the hospital to see if she needed anything. We did not make it half way there before M-E asked my to pull over. Poor Whitney, she looked so sad as M-E left her very expensive breakfast at the Japanese Garden parking lot. It is such a helpless feeling.

We found that if you need new pajama bottoms, the sweet, sweet nurses will get them for you. If you wipe your leather shoes with alcohol wipes they are as good as new.

They took her blood and we played scrabble. We need some dictionaries. We came up with some good words but those Qs,Zs and Xs are always a problem. Why do they not come out of the bag until there are no letters left. We received some good news and were sent home without any thing having to be supplemented.

We tried to go to University Village but none of the parking prayers worked. You do know the parking prayer: "Hail Mary Full of Grace, Help me find a Parking Place." We know that all prayers are answered, sometimes the answer is "Go home your daughter needs to rest you silly silly person."



No comments: