Blog Archive

Thursday, November 11, 2004

We Are working on finishing this Phase.

We are close to the end of Consolidation.

Consolidation 63 days of very unpleasant and arduous treatment.

There will be no good memories from this phase. It is full of nasty chemo and radiation and side affects. We will remember it as the phase where Kerry lost or should I say conceded. I am sure we could have had a re-count and maybe the Supreme Court would have appointed him and maybe the war in Iraq would have come to an end and maybe I am still having a bad dream..............................

People talk about being in shock after they hear bad news. I think shock is just a denial device. It lets you deal with the news and reality of your true situation. I think we should have denial support groups. I need a bit more denial right now. The reality is just too much this morning. I think I am tired, I need to go to work, my weariness is catching up with me and I do not see that there is any time for me to deal with getting some real rest for the near future. I have come to the conclusion that a few hours does not do it. I think I need a week of no work, no nursing, no appointments and no worries. I can do all of them but the worries part. It just does not seem to go away.

On a good note, M-E has only one more dose of ARA-C. She is still at 1000 on her ANC. Here red blood count is dropping so we are headed to a transfusion but then we know what those are like. She will have a week of very low counts and then should bounce back. She has one dose of Vincristine and a three big nurses with big syringes on Monday the 15th and then we do the Bone Marrow Wait. We wait for her to start to produce enough good cells to being the next phase. Interim Maintenance. Treatment only every 10 days and Mondays for clinic.

It seems pretty simple at this point. Maybe I will sneak in some of that rest.

Sal

No comments: