Blog Archive

Sunday, March 25, 2012

I have assessed the situation.

I arrived home yesterday afternoon.  I was a bit uncertain about all the people that appeared to be very happy when I bounded out of the car.  I had not seen any of them for about a third of my short life.  I am pretty good at adapting. I fell in love with Rita and Kathy and Dan and Joe and........ the list goes on.  I have made new friends and may even get to go pheasant hunting.  I guess Grampa Neuzil has decided I am a good hunter.  Mom wonders how I feel about guns but I am Scottish by nature so big noise is pretty  normal.

So I am "home".  Some stuff has changed.  Mostly for the better.  Things have moved.  I keep running to the window to bark but the couch has been relocated.  I decided to redirect my energies to finding all my toys and seeing if they still squeak. 

 In my absence there has been some disruption but all and all it is good.  My sister does not get out of bed too much but when I tried to get in bed with her she let me.  Tucker has been thrilled.  I no longer seem to have a hankering for apples so he has been getting my leftovers. I am still good at making him chase me. I have "fluffed" out and some thought I was chunky but I can still get through the cat door.  I choose to go through it even when the door is open.

Things were good yesterday cause the family was able to throw a party for Yim.  He is from Thailand and had never had a party.  He did almost burn the house down when someone put 27 candles that relight.  It was sort of fun to watch him  try to blow them out. 

The neighborhood seems to have missed us but everyone is glad we are back. Even though we might be the noise family.  There are lots of things that must know we are here.  Squirrels, birds, dogs, cats, garbage cans, noisy mowers, cars, bikes, kids on skateboards. 

I can see in the near future Mom and Sis are going to be able to protect us from the interlopers.  They seem to be more relaxed and are putting more and more things away.  I hate when things are put away.  I love to chew anything in my path. I hear rumour that there will be some laundry folded and stuff like that.  I know better.  Mom never folds.  Sis is not really up to it but will be soon.

Home is a great place.  Not always the easiest but then life is not always easy. I understand Sis and Mom will be leaving really early tomorrow for the clinic but I have been promised a trip to Mud Bay so I am pretty happy about that.   I will keep you up to date when I can.  I have to figure out why I can get out the house but not back in....hummmmm

No comments: