Blog Archive

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Transitions are Tough

Why am I Surprised?  She has never been good at transitions.  This is the child that would be awake for hours if the sheets were new, or we were in a new place.  She has always had to have things exactly the same. Same pillows, same cloths same same same.

So home is not the same.  Her room was redone so she has spent all of her energy getting it perfect.  She is exhausted but I was able to negotiate a day off from the hospital.   Instead of trying to get her to do stuff, I am just doing stuff.  I am almost repacked for the hospital lest that happen again.  I am doing laundry, I am putting away weeks of hospital "stuff". We have had several people drop off necessities.  Fruit, soup, salad.  Things that helped us not go to the store until today. 

Home is a great place to go but a challenge in and of itself.  The new Hydration pump is the most interesting.  We had a long relationship with  Baxter during Leukemia part 1.  This new pump is noisy, sucks battery power like a fiend and is just plain whinny.  Pills are a problem.  They are due many many times a day and each time we get close to the clinic they change them. So my over organized child has to completely do her pills again.  I am going to try and convince her today that maybe she should only do one day ahead and not a week.

These are small things when I think of what other people are dealing with at the hospital.  We are so lucky to be home.  Her counts are good, even great.  She is improving every day. 

I am breathing a bit more everyday and beginning to let myself look ahead a bit.  I am going to get out the map and see where my boundaries are and focus on finding new and interesting things to do within 30 minutes of Children's Hospital.  No distractions.  I am going to work on my garden and my bonsai and my continued efforts to clean out my yard and my basement and my........

Oh, for all of you that do not appreciate St. Anthony, my kindle has finally returned home.  

I had ordered a Kindle Fire for my birthday for myself because it was released on my birthday.  The day it arrived my other one went by the wayside.  It could not be found.  It ran away.  I felt guilty about spending the money so I sent it back.  I figured my kindle would have the decency to return.  I looked, we looked, lots of people looked and it did not appear.  St. Anthony was contacted several times and did not come through.


On Tuesday when I was filling my car with 62.00 of gas (when did gas go up), I was making use of the trash cans and found the Kindle under the seat.  Smuggling making the point that if you not newly whizzy and wonderful you are still very useful. 


Of course I could not remember my password but then that is another story......

Home, settling back in, looking forward.  All good things.

1 comment:

Nonna Madonna said...

Good. Really good. Sounds very solid in fact. Feeling good, a day at a time. So pleased for you both, very happy for you.