Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

I really am a bundle of exhausted Nerves but a Pedicure helps..

This has become the Trail of Tears, the Butan Death March, 40 years in the Desert.... Pick one, add one, it does not matter.  I have decided we are out of here on the Ides of March. 

Yesterday I arranged from someone to be here with Mary-Elizabeth while I took advantage of the lovely  gift from Nancy Ticen.   She found Spa Scotia near by and sent me a note letting me know a gift certificate was waiting.

I went yesterday.  OMG.  Who knew that if your feet are massaged in a dark and quiet room with soft music and then they take a cheese grater to your feet that it can give your a new look on life? It helped so much and I have cute toes again!!!!

Unfortunately I did yell at the lady who wished for me to fill out "paper work" and review their privacy policy.  My bad energy sent another woman running from the "quiet room".  Oh well, I apologized and am hoping I will be allowed to return. 

Things are "good".  Not great.  MEB is fighting the BK virus and the bladder spasms are awful but only two yesterday.  She pretty much is still here because of the virus.  It just takes time.  At least we know what she has.  So much of this process revolves around no knowing.  It is a process of elimination.  Each test or scan or evaluation is done more often than not to "ELIMINATE" a possible cause.  They are doing an LP on a child today to eliminate ________ .  Not to answer a question but to see what it is not. 

All of it is mind boggling. 

Floor is over full.  They are literally waiting for children's chemo to end so a child in the ER can be brought to the floor.  43 kids NEED to be here right now.

Still no real food being served to Mary-Elizabeth.  The head of dietary still thinks it is okay to serve Iceberg lettuce in 2012. 

No comments: