Blog Archive

Friday, March 30, 2012

Remember..... We are always ELIMINATING a problem

So in very standard fashion it is easier to tell what something is "not" instead of what it is....

Big invasive test with cameras and things that biopsy stuff.  Answer:  The samples did not arrive from Children's on time so we don't really have any answers. 

So early not conclusive answer:

Little bit of GVHD on the skin, so little that they are not going to treat it. Remember a little is good.

Maybe H. Pyloric (bacterial)
 infection in the stomach.  Their are lots of neutaphils doing a job but until another blood test and 5 days we won't know for sure what they are doing.  Not CMV (another bad virus).

So we wait.  This is not television medicine most of the time.  Waiting is part of the human condition one from which we are trying to escape.  We don't even wait for our Netflix movie to arrive. We stream it. I make cranes and do needle point and try to make some decisions about where the dog kennel goes.  Little things. 

I think this whole ordeal is God's way of making me learn some patience.  It is a bit confusing because while I am waiting for results, waiting for counts, waiting for fevers to go up and go down. Waiting for pumps to beep (should be in 30 minutes) waiting for my heart to stop pounding. There are all these worries about what I am waiting for to happen. Right now I am focused on the fact that my neighbors house seems to be listing.  (Carol or Keith, come over and take a look.) 

I am finding that waiting does not take me to a small quiet place.  It makes my mind speed up and not in a linear way.  My brain is sort of like a scatter bomb. All you have to do is look at my browsing history to see.  Everything from Oliso Irons to dog supplements. Don't even ask. But the Oliso Iron looks very cool and can be found at Costco and on Amazon.

One thing I love not having to wait for this year are the daffodils.  They are up and happy and love my yard. (Judy you too will have spring.)





2 comments:

Alyksys said...

Your mind is like a spinning top: It is most calm when moving quite rapidly.

Unknown said...

lovely daffodils. thinking of you and M-E...