Blog Archive

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 80 is really a couple of weeks.

Maggie and Mary-Elizabeth are navigating the world of SCCA and Children's, while I sneeze and cough.  Tests, more tests, followed by some tests.  Then, lets re-do some tests followed by a meeting about the tests.

I am not scoffing, they are all very important.  Before transplant they ran her through a huge work-up to see where she was physically.  After killing her immune system with high dose cancer causing radiation and chemo therapy, giving her cord blood, keeping her on immunosupresents and other nasty things they need to see where she is physically.

She is having what I call the Astronaut Physical.  Every body system is run through the proverbial wringer. 

I am missing all of this week. Cold is progressing.  Head on Monday and Tuesday.  Throat and ears on Wednesday, today it seems stalled at the top of my chest.  Lots of fluids and hot stuff.  I had really really hot curry that Brenda found for me that comes in cool little packages.  Then Joe Murray. of the house next door fame. took me for 3. 5 star Tom Ka Gui.

 (Ballards version of the Cherry Blossom Festival)
Mary-E and Maggie are doing some fun things.  She got permission to have a pedicure and her eyebrows waxed from Paul Carpenter.  He is our in-patient attending this month.  I keep asking him for things like permission to go to Hawaii and for 80 milligrams of Prilosec to prevent heartburn.  He tells me "No"and then I question him. He does not like that.  Oh well he has two more weeks to learn and I gave him this week off.  His comment as he left the room on Monday was:  You were like this last week.

My reply:  Oh, I am like this all the time.

So today is about more rest, more tea, more capsaisin and a walk with the dogs before it rains.   Then lots of sleep so I can get Mary-E home and we can sprint to Day 100 on our way to Day 365.  We have come a long long way.

No comments: