Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The String seems to Stretch and then...

I am not admitting any of the following:

Trip to See Gauguin exhibit at the SAM.  Fast trip in before lots of people showed up.

I am not admitting to a trip to BelSquare for some sliders and beet salad and a bit of shopping.

I am not admitting those things because maybe we were both feeling really randy and wanted to pretend that there was not a transplant just waiting to act up.  It was going so well and then.....

Mom you didn't tell me about the bruise on my back. 

What bruise?

Sally, keep calm.  It is just a little blood under the skin that looks horrible.  Don't panic.

Oh, dear, it is big and ugly and black and purple and right around the place she has to have one more lumbar puncture...   Damn.

Call to SCCA.  Talk with Monica.  Go in for blood draw.

Platelets are down to 60.  Down from 70 on Monday.    Damn.

Now what? 

Medication?
Problems with ElliMae
CMV ( virus that we all carry that does something)

Oh,  on top of all the " it is probably nothings there is this deep dark bit of fear. 

Why can't it be over?  I want this to be done.  I want to be able to breath long enough to finish my income taxes and get my dog groomed and start finding a job.  I want to get far enough from this transplant thing to forget about it.

I will come around and it will be fine and I will put my worry away.   

Oh, in case you did not know the stores are filled with white linen jackets for men.  Did I enter a time warp?  Is Don Johnson back?  At least they are not polyester.




Painting done by the father of Baik. I keep thinking about Venice.  Maybe because it is a city with a long history and great ability to survive.

1 comment:

mattison wold said...

hi Sally. I just wanted to let you know that I think and pray for you often. My heart is so heavy thinking about you and all who are still on that painful journey. Though we didn't get the answer we desired, ours is over. Both are hard in their own way, but I just wanted you to know that my heart is with you. I'm so sorry you're still in it.

Mattison from Montana