Blog Archive

Friday, April 27, 2012

Maybe?

Oh, dear it has been a long 7 months.  But then it has been only 7 months.  I realize we have been in a fog.  Only venturing out for a few short moments into the real world.  The place where life has continued without us.

I really has been an alternate reality.  I feel like we have been on one of those "people movers" in the airports.  Maybe we were the walkers.  In any event we were out of step, really out of step.  I did not even read People magazine (Even though they would like me back as customer and will offer me a great deal).  I am not sure where those months went, While your life does not continue, time does continue to move forward just like water in a stream.

So Maybe? we are going to be able to look up for a bit and re-evaluate.  Lots have asked about how this event has changed my life.  Change is the wrong word.  Transform, bring up short, stopped in my tracks.  I don't know what it has done but I am not the same person I was on September 28th 2011.  I am not altered, I am simply not the same person.  Things I used to do I can't do. Things that I used to hate, I love.  Things I used to tolerate are intolerable.  Those things that make the world special are different.  I am just beginning to figure this out. 

I need to figure out how I am going to make money and support the rest of this life with Mary-Elizabeth and am having a hard time figuring out what that looks like.  I started a list of job requirements. 

1. Money
2. Health Insurance
3. Lily can go to work.
4. People don't use my particular skill set to be mean to other people.

It is a weird list but a start.  Maybe.  A word full of possibilities.

1 comment:

Nonna Madonna said...

You are such a strong, interesting, competent woman. You will figure it out. And if not, others will bring you into your future.