Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I don't even know what is on the schedule today.  I pack my needlepoint, throw in a think-thin bar.  Drink a pot of coffee and get ready to head out.

We arrive home eventually and then we do it again.  Such is the point in our life. 

I had this horrible sense of dread yesterday.  It came from no-where but made me so so freaked out. These heavy feelings come and go with me.  Sometimes lighting falls from the sky, sometimes it is just out there hanging on the edges of my consciousness. I am hoping that it is from the phase of the moon, the fact that the election is months away or because it was tax day.

The Day 80 workup is a big one and seems to never end. Test after scan after blood draw.  We want only good results.  The liver functions are elevated.  I told her to stop drinking...  but I am sure that they will figure this all out.  Happy liver is always good.   But don't you think it is weird that if the function levels are up, that is a bad thing?

Mary-Elizabeth is feeling better.  She is stronger, more interactive.  I can tell how she is doing by whether or not she opens her mail.  Yesterday she finally opened this huge box from our neighbors Paulie and Dan.  They sent a huge bowl made out of 20-30,000 beads.  The bead represent all the prayers we have received. and the rest that we are going to need.

We have suffered a horrible loss in the house.  The death of a coffee pot is always hard to take.

1 comment:

Nonna Madonna said...

I don't know what to say about that sense of dread. You're certainly entitled to be feeling it. But something in me wants to say it will pass with being busy and involved and so on. Also it is Spring and life is pressing up all around you. But the coffee pot, that is a whole nother thing. I do know your mother has a closet filled with them.