Blog Archive

Monday, April 02, 2012

Twilight Ballard

I feel like I am in one of those movies.  Where things look the same but the really smart heroine knows that something is wrong.  Something has been moved or changed or things are not as they seem. 

It looks like my bed. It looks like my daughter. If feel like my dogs when we walk.  I sort of recognize the kitchen and the freezer.  I kind of remember why I froze the tofu.  (Can you even freeze Tofu.)  I remember that flower bed.  I remember that dog and that person walking her.  We have been home almost two weeks and it is still not right.  I am still not settled in so many ways. 

This must be how someone feels after they wake from a long coma or get out of prison or recover from amnesia.  Familiar, yet different. 

While we were in the hospital home was the goal.  We are home and now what.  Pretty hard to see progress with the esoteric things in our lives like immune system building and weird bumps in the stomach. 

I guess I should just keep doing the familiar things.  Find my footing, get firmly planted again in "normal". 

It was fun at clinic today.  Try asking a Doc that does not know you about going to Hawaii in a couple of months.  They don't even know what to say......  Sort of fun.   I figured if they knew we wanted to go there we could maybe go to Whidby or Bainbridge or heck Mercer Island.   Never hurts to ask.

Meb is doing Laundry.  I am getting ready for a 6:45 am.... that means morning.... check in at Children's tomorrow.    Lily will be up.

No comments: