Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Someone sent me this link

http://thenotdyinggirl.com/   

Another young woman.   A relapse.  No way out. A bucket list.  She is 21 and 22 does not look certain.

I read some of her blog and wonder how much of what she is saying is going on in the head of my child.   I am the keeper of Cancer World.  I realize this is my gift to Mary-E but someday I hope she reciprocates and lets me know what she was thinking all these years. 

We read Katie's bucket list.  This is Lauren's
  • Fall in love
  • Go skydiving
  • Ride in a helicopter
  • Go parasailing
  • Swim with dolphins
  • Getting a tattoo (once I am done with my chemo for this relapse)
  • Have a Christmas on the beach sipping on an alcoholic beverage
  • Learn to Bartend
  • Take a striptease class with my best friends
  • Cook a stellar meal using my Food Network knowledge
  • Learn how to use the grill
  • Go backpacking (it seems like I will soon with my other chemo buddy)
  • Throw a massive party where nothing gets broken or stolen
  • Volunteer at a Hospice Center
  • Do some gardening
  • Be able to run a mile again with my extremely messed up leg
  • Take a roadtrip
  • Eat something exotic and completely out of the norm
  • Go to a nude beach and actually go nude
  • Go to my college of choice, Florida Gulf Coast University, and be a contributing part of their Division 1 swim team
  • Become a nurse
  • Eventually get married


  • Lots of talk about bucket lists....  I think they are just being mindful of making days and weeks and moments count.

    In some moments I cherished today, I watched the birds feed early this morning.  It was so cold that when the crow cawed we could see his breath.  Tomorrow I may try and take a picture.  We shall see.

    No comments: