Blog Archive

Thursday, October 20, 2011

So the house needed some attention.

Well, here we sit.  No white blood cells,none appear to be coming any time soon.  The reds and platelets are dying like Republicans in the Primary and we sit and wait.  No magic cures or tricks. 

While we have been sitting, there is a project going on at the house.  It is sort of my fault because I should just let sleeping rotting wood continue to sleep.  In my inevitable manner, I wanted to address the issue.  I wanted to get the sort of moldy stuff out of the basement.  The bathroom just felt damp to me.   It would not ever dry out.  (My grandfather was a water whitcher)

So I called the guys and they pulled out a bit of tile and then..... I will post some pictures when I am in possession of them. 

Down Stairs Bathroom will be beautiful says Heidi Behrns Benedict.  This from woman than told me to keep an open mind and proceeded to put my underwear drawer in my living room.  More on Heidi later.  She is one of my great angels.

Just what I needed, a bathroom remodel in the middle of the remodel of Mary-Elizabeth's bone marrow remodel. 

Lesson learned:  Just because your child is fighting the battle of her life, make sure you pay enough attention to all the members of your life, you house being one of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were right - I hadnt read this. Read your SAFECO policy re: mold remediation if that is required.

Anonymous said...

I chuckled Sally, I bought new flooring prior to my grand babies being born, and I cancelled installation when life got in the way. In Sept, I woke up and said my floors still need fixing and the installation was completed this Tuesday just in time for babies crawling and rolling. Even our homes need attention through a crisis.