Blog Archive

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Searching of "FOOD" at Seattle Children's Hospital

So we have been here 17 days.  I have been kvetching about the food served here and to Mary-Elizabeth.  In all fairness her breakfast has been okay for most part.  She is most concerned that the English Muffin not be frozen and really prefers her toasted cheese toasted on both sides.

I spent a little bit of time reading the cafeteria menus for this week. 

Breakfast:
Pancakes
Cheese Blintz
Biscuits and Gravy
Breakfast burrito
Biscuits and Gravy
French Toast
and yes
Biscuits and Gravy

Did I mention that 3 out of 7 breakfasts were biscuits and gravy?


Hot Bar

Hot Dog Bar 3/14th of the meals
Appetizer Bar 2/14ths
Taco/Nacho Bar 2/14ths
Asian Appetizer Bar 1/14
Fajita Bar 2/14th
Baked Potato Bar 2/14th
Pasta Bar 2/14th



It appears to me that if it can't be dumped out of a bag and deep fried we don't get to have it as an option.  Thousand's of people come here each week.  What would happen if there were fresh greens, fresh fruit that was not limited to Red Delicious and Granny Smith Apples and if the broccoli was steamed instead of just put in cheese sauce and served as soup.





I think for the price of all of this, it could be better.  I am hoping for better.  On day 17, it is pretty sad.

1 comment:

L Darling said...

I understand M-E's concern. When I was hospitalized in London, they gave you BREAD for breakfast that was not toasted. I convinced the ward cleaning lady to put by bread in the staff toaster every morning, such that we had it down to a routine after a few days.