Blog Archive

Monday, October 10, 2011

We are back in the Hospital

I choose to write in this color because we are in the Giraffe wing this time.  Hem/Onc over flow. 

She did the Temp Creep yesterday.  99.1, 100, 100.4, 100.4, 100.4, 100.4, 100.5, 101.5.  The rules are that we don't go until 101.5.  And as we all know I am a great rule follower, so we headed to the hospital about 4:00 pm.  They were waiting and it took them about 2 minutes to make me panic.  Her heart rate was 121 and her blood pressure was 90is over 50 ish.  She was running a Marathon while sleeping.

Lots of activity, and then Tylenol..  the drug we are taught to fear.   We were in her room around 6:00.  That is record time in the ER it is usually a long process. 

They put us in OVERFLOW.  Now this used to be the locked psych ward so it might be appropriate.  The area has been redone and we have a Hem/onc nurse but it is not the same.  I think they did it because I was so mean to the security nurse.  The room is big, the parent bed is fab, but I want back to my people.  I promise to better next time. 

The Hem/Onc floor is the oldest in the hospital.  It is not being remodeled because of the new construction.  Let us just say, all areas are not created equally. But let me tell we love shabby and familiar and competent.  We love that the best.

No comments: