Blog Archive

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Dancing Doctors and bribes bring results.

So this a place of serious medicine.  A child is not at Children's for the normal "stuff"  There are 50+ specialties here but none of them are for things you want your child to ever experience.  That being said, this is a Children's Hospital of the first Rank.

Giraffe, Whale, Balloon, Airplane, Train, etc.  Lots of art, clowns, mac and cheese.  All good stuff for kids.  Mirth... a good word.  There are a million volunteers that work here to make this a wonderful place.  I was almost assaulted by the Pumpkin Lady.  They were handing out lots of small cute and wonderfully painted pumpkins to any one that had a child whose day would be made with a small gesture of kindness. 

She almost cried when I told her I could not take them because while everyone saw a cute holiday decoration, I saw a fungus carrying menace.

So, in such a place, you can get Doctors who don't know what brings up ANC to do lots of things.  One of them is Dance.  It is called the secret ANC dance and several have been performing for us.  This is sort of like the Sasquatch of dances because only a rare few have seen it.  (It was not filmed less we destroy the careers of young up and coming docs.)

Imagine,  8-12-15 years of education, a quarter of a million dollars in debt and the Chicken dance.  The vision will be burned into my brain for eternity.

Because I believe we all have to do our part, I also resorted to bribes.  I will do anything to return us to home and to some quiet time in our own beds.

Alternate Medicine works..... ANC 79, Monosites 109.... they are coming back.

1 comment:

Lafcadio said...

I love the alternative dancing/bribery medicine! Do not underestimate the power of laughing or dancing.

I thought I was rooting for the Cardinals, but I am really rooting for M-E's numbers go keep going up. Come on! You can do it!!