Blog Archive

Friday, October 07, 2011

The 12 Disciples and the Road to Transplant

So here we are..... A week-ago I was headed in a mad dash to Spokane.  She was already at the hospital and we were making arrangements for her to be flown from Spokane to Seattle.  Decisions were being made fast and furious. 

So here we are today.  Meeting with the doctors and she is going to get to home at some point tonight.  Our own beds tonight and Friday night.  If no fevers spike then we are free until Saturday when we have to come back to the clinic for blood work and possible transfusions.  Sunday off, Monday Clinic, Tuesday Spinal cord Chemo. 

Right now, she is waiting for the 12 remaining lymphoblasts to die.  Sad but they have to go.  Twelve.  Seems  inoculas but they are the last 12 standing.  They have had a good battle but we all have to die.  Some sooner than later.  Since I have no choice on the way  any of this goes, I am sending in the Kill those guys notice now.   Generally we have to have them dead before we leave but I think I have been enough of a pain to have them let us out of here and the rest have been falling like flies.

See Gonzaga basketball games make her smile!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sally, your writing makes me laugh in a bittersweet way. I continue to pray for you both & send positive vibes.