Blog Archive

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Shifting Sands


She has been very quiet and tired the last couple of days. It finally came out last night. She is worried. She does not know how the oral meds are going to affect her. She is anxious and concerned and has been in that very quiet contemplative place.

It made me feel much better, yes her quiet suffering made me feel better. I have faith I can take some actions and do something to help her feel better emotionally. I was worried she had something physically wrong with her. I have little faith I can help that sort of ailment. Her physical complications are so very beyond tylenol and chicken soup. I look forward to the day when we are again cavalier about illness. When it does not mean "life and death"

We are being bad and going to Whidbey Island this week-end. Some quilting, some shopping and some much needed time away. I would not call it a breaking of the rules, more a bending of the protocol. We are so close to maintenance and we might be there. We will know latter today. I want to have more from this summer than pictures of my garden.

This journey is almost over, I feel like we are in a bad movie where they keep playing with the ending and keep showing it to you and everytime you think it is over, something unexpected happens. I have come to expect lots of things from this process. I just hope it is not Glenn Close sitting up from the bath tub.

I have finished Harry Potter and we are taking votes on who believes the person that died is going to stay dead. I think not.

No comments: