Blog Archive

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Problems with the Educational System

I know that no one has ever heard me complain about anything but sometimes I do let out a squeak or two.

THE EDUCATION SYSTEM HAS FAILED MY DAUGHTER.

As you know, M-E has been spending a fair amount of time watching a variety of old television shows and movies from her part of the NetFlix account. She recently began watching Smalleville. It is the lost, growing up years of Clark Kent. Well I was watching with her one day and there were shiny green particles and I said " I don't remember the Kryptonite was so bright!". She inquired what it was and I began to tell her what it was and how it make Superman sick. She accused me of ruining the show for her. I again commented on X-Ray vision and she had the same response. I kept saying things like Oh, there is Lex Luther.

I realized my child does not know about Superman!! Where have I gone wrong? I think that might be akin to someone from England not knowing about Shakespeare! but only Harry Potter.

Does she need to know about Superman to be a healthy well ajusted citizen of this world? Who knows. If anyone any ideas how to catch her up on this stuff, let me know. I am at a loss. I am sure my first idea of collecting all the comics for her reading pleasure is not the best idea. We might start with the movies since the old TV show is not available at this time.

Perhaps I am beginning to realize I am from the "Good Old Days."




No comments: