Blog Archive

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Tomorrow is a big Day

Ware waiting for the answer tomorrowl..
I guess Webdings are not a great font. I guess it could be sort of fun. I could do a whole blog in code.

It is a perfect day. Not too hot, not to cold. We found parking at U Village and at Owegimia( sp). We were able to find everything we wanted and no one was on the freeway. I am thinking that the Virgin Mary might be in my living room tomorrow. She has been here all along but I could use a more coporeal version for a while. I have a few questions. I am willing to listen but I might be a pretty difficult person to deal with at this point in time.

Tomorrow we have some tests. Pretty pedestrian but very, very important. We will be seeing if we can start maintenance. It means a lot. We are let loose from the One Hour limit. Our trips to the hospital are fewer ( we hope). M-E has to take on the challenge of daily oral chemo. Lots of doses. We hope they do nothing more than make her a bit tired. Her hair will come back and she will begin taking steps toward health. She will be able to do some normal kinds of things like going to camp.

I am ready for normal. I wish I could report that I did not have the little worry demon sitting on my shoulder. I am worried.

When we started this process we were told that she had a 75% chance of a cure. The flip side is that she has 25% chance of a relapse. The relapse,if it happens, is more apt to happen in the first 6 months. I am not a worrier by nature but I am going to be a bit tense. Many say "don't worry", "Don't think about it". "It won't happen to her" Being the practical person that I am, I thing about all the possibilites. I do think positive but I have to be ready if it does happen I am ready. I am equally ready to accept her return to health. I want to have life that does not revolve around illness and danger and uncertainty.

We are ready for the beginning of the next phase of this journey. One way or the other we will be ready no matter what appears in our pathh

No comments: