Blog Archive

Friday, September 24, 2004

I am working to get us out of here.

We are just doing a lot of waiting. Lots of times trying to make sense of all of it. These people are very ridged about a lot of things. M-E's first does of antibiotic was at 4:00 p.m. in the afternoon. That event sent the schedule and guess what, they follow it. 12 hours later......

Oh, but I have figured out why they are like they are. Here is an example: They really want to keep M-E on Lovenox. Lovenox is given by injection two times a day. It is to keep her from having any more clots. I of course have decided she did not have a clot and that it was a mistake. I have reached that conclusion because when we went for the ultra sound 3 weeks after it was discovered, it was gone. Everyone told me it would be months before it would go away. It is gone. So, I reach a different conclusion than the 947 doctors, nurses, residents, MRI etc. It must have never been there so why treat it.

So here is my theory. We have to have some hard and fast rules in Medicine because there are no rules on how the body reacts. Every single case is different. There are only a few hard and fast rules and so any that they can enforce they do. Remember that case where they had a women life support, Mary Jo Kepectny? And then after years and years they took her off and she continued to live. Experts said she would die, and she did not for several more years. The fact is there is no certainty in this world and no matter how much research, how much technology and how much money we try to find that certainty, sometimes we "Just don't Know" Well back to the room, M-E has a shot scheduled.

I do have to remember though, I live my world in the know certainty that there are not answers, only arguments.

No comments: