Blog Archive

Monday, September 06, 2004

We Are almost done With Phase One

I guess I should count the phases. I will be content at this point to just be happy to be almost done with the first phase. From how things have gone thus far, I should know that all the pre-planning, the anticipation and thinking she will react to anything like a normal patient is a silly idea.

She has her last Chemo for this round on Tuesday. She is done for a week except for one more IT (Interthecal= medication into the spinal cord) and a bone marrow test on the 13th. Then we are off for a whole week. Pray for high ANC numbers, non-existent lewcemeia cell in the bone marrow and a new supply of tequila for me.

We are missing Sadie. I need to start pretending to walk her. I need to get out of the house. I have not given up my membership to the gym but should for a while at least. I need to return flute we were buying since lessons are not going to be happening. I need to do some real work today or at least try. I feel better when I can work on other people's problems and help them figure out what is going on.

How do the doctors do it? How do they have to face 50-85 ALL patients a year knowing they don't have a 100% cure rate. I know that 100% of my clients will get divorced, if they want to do so. I am now glad I only received a C in my first semester of chemistry. It took me another way.

Oh, just so I can be consistent. India is fine this time of year. I encourage everyone to call MSN and spend 45 minutes on the phone. My favorite part of the conversation was with the gentlemen that then told me I should not have called them but rather QWEST. Someday we will have to sit around and determine whether or not the biggest problem during this time was the ALL or the technology.

No comments: