Blog Archive

Friday, September 24, 2004

The First Night back in the Hospital

One of M-E's roommates was a 13 year old surgery patient. She swore like a pirate, had her tongue pierced and was brought back to the room by security because of taking one her friends out on an adventure in wheel chairs.

I asked her how she was doing and she tried to be very rude. Poor child, that was a mistake. My teacher voice came out of nowhere. M-E seemed a bit miffed by some of the behavior but not surprised. She tried to explain to me some kids just acted that way.

I know we complain that the girls are growing up too fast. The I take stock of what a great place St. Joseph's is for Mary-Elizabeth. I look around and know we have provided a great place for our kids. Of course the real question is "Do we do it for them or for ourselves? I hope we do it for both.


No comments: